20080128

So you are driving along, minding your own business, listening to some tune-age on the radio and otherwise jamming to what looks to be an awesome, groovy road trip.

You've got the cooler packed with tasty beverages, a bag of tortilla chips, a bag of cheese cubes, and some strawberry newtons (the only cookie I will eat. I trick myself into thinking they are healthy because the are strawberry and newton. And I think I compared them to fig newtons - which I also eat for breakfast - and they had less calories and fat per serving).

Since it's a car trip, you are loaded to the gills with laptops, receivers, portable speakers, and two bags - one for your toiletries and one for your clothes. And every cd you own, in lieu of a car stereo that accepts a flash drive.

The wind is in your hair, you've your peddle to the metal, and you're jamming.

Suddenly you are struck with a pain so wicked, so intense, you know the rest of your trip will suck.

Your right foot has an itch. Not just any itch - no, not a toe itch or a top of the foot itch.

A bottom of the foot itch.

Indeed.

No comments: