20080102

Food

In spite of the earlier post about my breakfast sandwich, I really am not a food person. There are some people who really just adore food, who can't wait to taste the newest trend, or who just like what they like but like it a great deal.

I'm not one of those people.

I eat food to make myself feel better, literally. I mean, when my energy level is low, it's usually because I haven't eaten. If I'm cranky, it's because I haven't eaten. If I'm whiny, it's because I haven't eaten.

Yes, I'm one of those stand in the kitchen and whine "there's nothing to EAT" kind of people.

I like what I like, sure...and there are some things I'll eat till I puke (not literally)...shrimp, pepperoni pizza, turkey, steak, rice. Oh yes - noodles with marinara sauce and cheese!!!! Other things...not so much.

And eating too much makes me feel bad! When my clothes don't fit, or I get on the scale and see I've cracked my weight threshold, I don't want to eat. It's that simple. I like to be skinny, I have worked hard to be skinny, and damnit, I'm going to stay that way.

So a bacon, egg and cheese once every two months isn't the worst thing, is it? It's not like I'm eating a whole gallon of ice cream, or a whole bag of potato chips..if I snack I'm eating newtons, or carrots, or dry Cheerios.

Don't know why I'm writing this, to be honest. Just one of those food blogs that had to come out.

No comments: