20070521

Monday

Well, amongst other general housecleaning tasks I have finally removed my ex husband as the beneficiary of my various life insurance and retirement plans at work. Only three years later!

Two people I know got engaged this weekend – hooray for them! Judging by the announcements section in our local rag yesterday, it must be the season for engagements and weddings. I myself got engaged (the first time) in February, near Valentine’s Day, and the second time on my back porch sometime in the summer.

I am thinking too much today and working myself into a state of twitterpation. It’s quite silly too – but then again I’ve never been one to rule my emotions with an iron hand. Or at all.

As you can see, I’ve nothing to say to you today. I was going to yammer on about the excellent article I read about Edward Hopper in The New Yorker, but I won’t. I was going to tell you about this book I read yesterday about a journalist whose sister is murdered, but I won’t. I’m sitting here dreaming of my hammock, and of my upcoming trip to the beach.

No comments: