20070530

A friend and I were frantically emailing back and forth the other day, wildly debating why women seem to always make the same types of mistakes in relationships or even friendships. Why don’t we ever learn? I mean, my friend and I are relatively self aware, and spend lots of time dissecting each other’s actions (hey, free therapy is awesome)….so why do we repeat and repeat the same mistakes? Better yet, you see other people making your mistakes…and you want to tell them to stop it! But do you?

Things brainwise are a bit disjointed this morning, so do forgive the snippets of actual thought I’m posting.

Still reading “One Perfect Day” and am continuously gobsmacked at the things I’m learning. Ladies…you do realize your $8000 dress was made in China by a seamstress who makes the equivalent of forty cents a day? And why are you spending that much money on something you wear for about six hours, dryclean, box up and either keep for your own daughter to haughtily disregard or try and sell it on Ebay? And what’s this thing with having two dresses, one for the wedding and one for the reception? Crass consumerism at it’s finest.

No comments: