20080508

To the Woman in the BMW Wagon type Thing on Holcomb Bridge on Tuesday Evening:

Lady,

Mr. Manners and I were exiting 400 Southbound on Tuesday evening, going to get our haircut, at 5.50 p.m. We were patiently waiting our turn on the single lane exit ramp when you decided to do what plenty of other drivers do who are turning left on Holcomb Bridge Road - just, by the way, as we were. You decided to bypass all those drivers who were patiently and legally waiting in line on the highway. You decided that god gave you the right to be a total cunt. You drove past all of us plebian folk, and without signaling, proceeded to cut in front of us at the VERY last possible minute.

At least, you attempted to.

You see, Mr. Manners and I had watched you coming. He was driving. I had noticed the fact that you were watching the mirror, and watching for a gap where you could sneak in. I never once saw you reach for the blinker, or look to make eye contact. In fact, you - black hair, rather plump, wide face, either green or brown eyes, glasses, pale, probably mid thirties, wearing a pale sweater, attempted to merge mostly on top of us thinking that we would yield and let you in front of us - your utter arrogance caused me to do something I never do.

I actually reached across the car, and honked the horn rather loudly at you. I was not driving. I never ever use the horn, much less when I am not driving.

Had you looked up, waved, made eye contact, or ever bothered to acknowledge that you were in the wrong, you were making a mistake, you made a booboo, or something, I would cut you some slack. But noooooo....you braked, and KEPT ON DRIVING.

People: your shit does too stink. I am sure you ran home to your husband and told him all about the mean and nasty people who cut you off in traffic and honked at you and scared you. Boohoo! Learn to drive!

Obey the traffic law.

And while we're here, what's up with this new trend of leaving a fifty foot gap between you and the nearest car at traffic lights?

No comments: