20080508

Copied from An Email

So I finally broke down and went for the ole brain scan. A coworker here in the office, a fellow migraine sufferer, had gotten hers and gone on the same preventative that I had flirted with last year (although a higher dose) and found it worked wonders for her, and was literally hounding me into making an appointment. So I have both doubled the dose of preventative (seems to be working, god knows I felt better) and gone and gotten (today) both an MRI and an MRA. As I was explaining to Mr. Manners, I have small headaches or some kind of head pain almost every other day, and I think I had just gotten used to being in pain. I was always going home and going to bed, or sleeping whenever I could…but I had just gotten used to it because I figured that’s just the way life was. And it clicked when Melissa, the aforementioned coworker, said “if your doctor gives you the right dose, you have no idea how much your quality of life will improve”.

And she was SO RIGHT. I feel like doing things now, and not just laying around like Melanie Wilkes (“I could just faint, I sweahuh, Ashley”).

Anyway…I know what my brain looks like. And my eyeballs. And all the blood vessels in my brain. And what my brain would look like emulsified.

Why didn’t any of you jerks tell me I had a big nose?

I head to the doc for the interpretive results Monday.

Just thought you’d want to know.

No comments: