20080513

Ah, piffle!

Once, when I was a young lass, I had my heart set on this silly summer sun dress. Now, it was silly. It was a sort of sherbert green, stretchy tank dress that they had at a tacky beach shop at St. Simon's Island, but I loved the color and was convinced it would look fabulous on me. I saw it on Monday and saved my money all week and begged and pleaded for a ride back to St. Simon's so I could buy it before we left.

I dreamt about how hot I would look, in my adolescent, lumpy, spotty, pink glasses wearing, stringy hair sporting self wearing a sherbert green tank dress. I thought that suddenly I would become attractive in this dress, and that somehow magically I would BE NOTICED.

Thankfully, I had the foresight to try the dress on.

It was entirely see through.

Needless to say, it did not come home with me.

Sometimes it is best that you don't get what you want.

Although never getting what you want does stink...as long as it's not a sherbert tank dress, circa 1989.

No comments: