20080515

Even though I think Lori Drew, the woman who posed as a young teenage boy who drew another young teenager into a flirtation in order to learn what this young woman was saying about her daughter (this young woman later committed suicide, based on some of the cruel things this "boy" had said to her), is a complete and total moron, I think that indicting her on conspiracy charges and "three counts of accessing protected computers without authorization to obtain information" is a bit much.

Can someone explain that last charge? I didn't think there was any legalese for that?

You remember this case, right? Adult woman get a bit miffed when her teenage daughter (mouthpieces for truth and justice) comes home and tattles a bit about something another kid says. Decides, with the babysitters help, to set this kid up by pretending to be a cute boy. It helps that the other girl in question is having a rough period of adolescence in terms of physical attractiveness (everyone does; you gotta learn how to work it!). Mom lures the girl in with some kindness, a little flirtation, and then betrays her. The girl takes this rejection as a crippling blow, and then kills herself. It destroys her, it destroys the parents, and their marriage.

How responsible was this adult woman? She should be ashamed.

Forget court charges.

Bring back the stocks, and pass out the tomatoes.

3 comments:

Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL...stocks. I have a picture of me somewhere in stocks when I was working on the movie Andersonville. I wish I knew where it was. Have a gudun!

:)

Pandora said...

I think she should be charged...with what? I don't know. If it were my kid that committed suicide I would want that person to pay for their crime, they did after all manipulate a child (being an adult) and should be punished as an adult. I mean if one adult misled another in a contract and didn't follow thru, they would be held accountable. If a kid bullies another, they are suspended. After all, it is these warped kids that end up going crazy and on some shooting rampage, they don't need adults to further damage their self-esteem. Prob more than you ever wanted to know.

Meg Kelso said...

She's a dreadful, hideous female whose face I'd like to pummel.

That's all.

:)