20071105

Restrain me, please.

I am itching, absolutely itching to break out my Christmas decorations. Full court press – nativity, outdoor garlands, twinkling lights…I think I might go for an inflatable Santa this year.

Just kidding.

I’ve been listening to Christmas music on the sly for weeks, merrily singing O Little Town of Bethlehem and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear whilst doing dishes or folding ye olde never ending laundry. I’ve half my Christmas presents purchased, although am holding onto fond hopes that retailers will adjust their sales strategy to compensate for miserable third quarter numbers and have DEEP DEEP DISCOUNTS!!!!! during the last few weeks of December to offset all that prior fiscal badness. Hoping, I said, but not counting on it.

The parental units have purchased LilSis’s plane tickets for the festivities; I’ll be delighted to have everyone at my house, and to have a Eliza Family Christmas, rather than the normal circus pony show we’ve enjoyed for the past, oh, 34 years. Sometimes you just want things to be simple; as much as I love to entertain, this is the year I look forward to not cooking for twenty people.

Break in chain of thought.

Isn’t it amazing how one tiny thought can take over your mind, suddenly dominate your thoughts, and take what was going to be an average day and abruptly make your mood very bad?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very,very true.