20071128

Buy!!! Buy!!!! Buy!!!!

Sorry, I had a purely 1980's corporate greed style moment, ala Michael Douglas...Have you ever noticed that his hair and his face seem to be...well, frozen? I mean, have you ever seen the man's hair move?

Just asking.

What I was going to say...courtesy of my father, I have had the pleasure of listening to one of the best CD sets EVER.

Now, you need to like jazz...like Dixieland Jazz...and you need to like "American" music....

It's "Going Home: A Tribute to Fats Domino"

A sampler of the who's who on the playlist:

Elton John: Blueberry Hill (and he's not his normal freaky gay self here. Reminds me of Madmen Across the Water - when I liked him, and he wasn't a pop shill sell out).

Bonnie Raitt and John Cleary - I'm In Love Again/All By Myself - the voice I WISH I had!

Robert Plant with the Soweto Gospel Choir - Valley of Tears

Willie Nelson - I Hear You Knocking - very rockabilly.

Bruce Hornsby - Don't Blame It On Me - the piano in this is incredible...like "Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar"...boogie woogie...and damn the beat makes me want to tap my feet.

Dr. John - Don't Leave Me This Way

One day, readers, I'll switch to a blog that lets me upload song snippets for your listening pleasure. I'm in a fine mood listening to this. Truly fine.

No comments: