20080326

Americans are Crass

No surprise there, right?

Even I am amazed: at a recent stump stop, Chelsea Clinton was asked at a college tour how things were in the family (I am VERY loosely paraphrasing here) after the daddy/fat intern blow job incident, to which she classily responded "You know, I've been to 70 schools and you are the first person to ask me that question, I don't believe that is any of your business".

I think it is horrid that anyone would feel it is their right to ask a child about their parent's sex life. I do not care who you are, if you are an adult, and you are boinking (in some fashion) another consenting adult, it is between the two of you (as long as it is legal, Mr. "Hypocritical" Spitzer). Yeah, Clinton lied about it. Dude, if you were the most powerful man in the world, and all you could bag was a plump and dumb intern....? I'm just saying; how embarassing. At least the Kennedy boys took home someone with class.

The thing is, particularly in America, we use sex as an empire toppler. It was inexcuseable of the person in the audience to ask Chelsea that question. How horridly rude. As if she had anything to do with the actions of her father, and she should not be asked to defend them.

The sins of the father, you know....

No comments: