20071203

Today is one of those days where I hate being female. The cramps that respond to no pain killers, the fact that I can’t stand up straight, the fact that my back hurts, my joints hurts, and all and all I feel like a big ball of hormone addled, womanly shit.

Advice: just…shut up! :-)

Weekend: a pleasant wash. My tree looked much larger in the parking lot of the store than it does in my living room. Now it looks rather sad. I’m not too much in the Christmas sprit, I confess. The Nutcracker is Saturday, maybe that will help.

In other news, the Atlanta Aquarium has lost it’s second beluga whale, who by all accounts was in some pain when she died.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I still think it’s wrong to hold wild animals in captivity for human amusement. And I think beluga whales are some of the most beautiful and most expressive whales out there. I’m very sad for Marina, and I’m very sad for her caretakers who held her while she died.

Lastly: Go Gillian!

No comments: