20070921

Granddaddy

"Louis Millard Wood, Sr., age 81, of Marietta, died February 7, 2007. Louis was a native of Atlanta and graduated from Russell High School, as well as Georgia State University. He served in the US Army during WWII. Louis retired from the US Department of Labor, Wage and Hour. He is survived by his wife, Ethel Ragan Wood; children, Louis Millard Wood, Jr., of Sandy Springs, Susan Chaffin of Charlotte, NC, Christopher Ragan Wood of Marietta, and Nancy Sparks of St. Augustine, FL; eight grandchildren." (AJC)


Granddaddy is in the backpack; on his way to his final resting place.


The dunes (that didn't really exist in my childhood) in front of the beach house we used to rent.

Last photo before Mr. Manners kindly turned the camera off, as I de-shoed myself and walked out into the ocean to scatter his ashes.


Dear God,
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
God bless everyone everywhere
And thank you for all the gifts you've given me
My friends and my family.
Amen.



No comments: