20070925

Ever have days where you feel like the biggest tool on the planet? Like you've let yourself be agitated into doing something stupid, and it matters to no one but you (because you are the only one who has to pay the price)? Icky.

It seems that despite my best intentions life will never run smoothly.

In talking to Miss Molls, I was struck with a moment of envy. She is so happy with her life, her husband, and their path to love and to marriage was so simple...that...well, I don't know what to do.

I am one of those people, I think, for whom nothing comes easily if it comes at all. Please believe me when I say it's not of my own chosing. If I could suddenly zap parts of my brain and heart and make myself into a lesser being, there a days/moments/seconds where I would gladly trade all the complexity that I am for a much simpler being.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you call it complexity, psychologists may refer to your condition as one with deep seated, unrelenting issues....

Eliza Doolittle said...

You know, I've been in therapy. I've had therapists tell me I needed to find God, I've had therapists tell me to SOGOTP, I've had therapists that were happy to take my money...but I've never had a therapist tell me I had deap seated issues.

Anonymous said...

You are taking that a bit literal, I told you that I was not going to reply to any of this with any seriousness. check your spelling... :)